Sitting around the table talking about old country songs.
I do love my family.
My cousin Gracie Lou Freebush. <3
my best friend and I are watching Supernatural and she says to me, you know what would be great? If we printed out pictures, like candids, of the characters and stuck them in photo albums with names written on the back to mess with our future kids?
Obviously, I’d do it for Castle.
Oh, that’s your Aunt Kate and Uncle Rick.
Why don’t we ever see them?
…They live in Canada.
And then they don’t even realize you’ve fucked with them until they turn on the television one day.
Me, my mom (at 20), and my two uncles.
My cousin Gracie and I at her 6th birthday. Hula Party.
My uncle and my cousin Gracie, who’d just fallen off her bike. He’s pretty much the best Dad ever and I always wish I had a Dad like him.
1. I have a tattoo on my right arm that says “Love has the grace to save us.” It’s a lyric from Sara Evans’ song “Saints and Angels” (you should give it a listen. it’s wonderful). I believe in this mantra with my whole being.
2. I want a dozen children. I’m exaggerating, but I’m also not. I love kids.
3. I wish I had a better relationship with my mother. We don’t talk about deep things and our relationship is fairly superficial. I think the worse part of it, though, is that this doesn’t bother her. It’s all she knows.
4. Once upon a time, country music was my heart and soul. I still love it, don’t get me wrong, but the best of it has passed, in my opinion. I love the 90s and early 2000s.
5. My grandparents’ 80 acre farm has always been home to me, more than any house I’ve ever lived in with my mother. We’ve moved about a dozen times.
6. I can quote whole movies, especially these ones: The Sound of Music, Now and Then, A League of Their Own, Willy Wonka, Runaway Bride, Miss Congeniality, Sweet Home Alabama, etc.
7. I hate mustard and I hate honey, but I love honey mustard.
8. I graduated 8th in my class.
9. I was born with a cleft palate. If I drink water out of a water fountain, it comes out my nose.
10. I really, really like math. I’d much rather sit down and do an hour-long math problem than read for my classes.
“Hope you feel better soon.” and then nothing.
Uploading this video of the race against my better judgment.
And yes, I did ditch my little brother after we fell down.
My uncle and cousin decided it’d be a good idea to just roll after a while.
Kickball gets a little intense. We don’t mess around.
We do cheat, however.
Why, yes, I did participate in a three legged race with my fam on Easter.